The holiday season just ended, so that may mean . . . you're newly engaged! According to Wedding Wire, 33 percent of couples get engaged between Thanksgiving and New Year’s Day.
Following the “yes,” it’s time to tell the world. Put your best face forward with these insights for the perfect engagement photo session from local photographer Beth Baugher of True Love Photo:
1. A few props are great, but ultimately it is all about capturing your unique relationship vs. making the session too planned.
2. Have some ideas but also allow yourself to be in the moment during the shoot.
3. A big no-no is picking out 10 Pinterest photos and wanting to copy them.
4. It’s good to incorporate something special to you both, like going the university or high school you attended together or the restaurant or bar where you met.
5. One of my favorite sessions this year was when I met the couple at their house downtown. We took some photos of them at home with their cats and then some in their backyard with their home beer-brewing equipment. Then we headed out and were able to get some very creative unique photos that occurred organically.
6. Bring two outfits per person.
7. Remember: Capturing the uniqueness of you is rule No. 1.
Did you like what you read here? Click here to request a free copy of the latest OUR WEDDING magazine.