|--> BEST OF SACRAMENTO GOODIE BAG DOLLAR-WISE GOURMET E-NEWSLETTERS WEDDINGS RESTAURANTS WINE|
This year’s official Farm-to-Fork activities were a rollicking success – but the fun isn’t over yet. Foodies and fans of our region’s agricultural community have a wonderful opportunity to explore Placer County farms on Sunday, Oct. 13, during the annual PlacerGROWN Farm & Barn Tour. This popular event encourages local folks interested in agronomy and rural living to come out and take free self-guided tours of Placer County farms, ranches, orchards and vineyards and enjoy the array of activities offered by participating locations. Local wines and produce will be available for purchase at many of the venues.
Here’s a sampling of activities:
• Taste olive oil and mandarin honey at Colwell Thundering Herd Ranch in Penryn
• Feed alpacas at Fair Winds Alpacas in Auburn
• Watch an organic farming presentation at Fawnridge Vineyards & Winery in Auburn
• Learn the ancient art of Hoshigaki (dried persimmons) at Granite Bay’s Otow Orchard
• Take a horse-drawn carriage ride through the vineyards at Rock Hill Winery in Loomis
The event is scheduled from 1pm to 5pm and a list of participating locations and activities is available on the PlacerGrown website.