If you have children, chances are you’re already thinking about upcoming summer activities to keep them busy. If your kids have an interest in agriculture and food, check out local Soil Born Farms’ fun-filled summer day camp, for kids entering grades 1-12.
The camps (grouped by age, with cute names like the “Sprouts” and “Gardeners”) take place at Soil Born’s 40-acre ranch along the American River Parkway. The focus is to help youth make the connection between their food and health, and the environment, leading them to an understanding of "what it takes to bring food from the farm to the table."
Subjects covered include:
• Hands-on experience growing and harvesting
• Cooking and eating fresh foods
• Meeting Soil Borns’ farmers and animals
• Habitat restoration projects
• Nature explorations and crafts
• Community service projects
For more information about the program and to register your child for camp, visit www.soilborn.org.